[daip] Re: AIPS documents

Sandip Kumar Chakrabarti chakraba at bose.res.in
Sat Oct 5 08:04:19 EDT 2002

Dear Vivek,  I have installed AIPS using the
CD that you sent from there. However I am having a small
problem opening the TV. Other tasks (which do not involve
plotting) are not giving any trouble.

Here is a typical output when I type ./START_AIPS. Is there
any obvious error?

Second problem is that although there is a MSG box, all the
messages are coming in the same window where I am doing the tasks.
That is causing some problem.

Third, a TEK Serve window is coming (instead of TV)
whose function is unknown to me.

Thanks,
Sandip
===============

./START_AIPS

START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the NONE N
START_AIPS:  - system name lpr, AIPS type -Phpmanna

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /wind/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)
   Disk 1 (1) is /wind/DATA/SANDIP_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called sandip
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on sandip asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on SANDIP asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC01 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC01) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on sandip
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on sandip, DISPLAY :0
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: No pseudocolor visual - No suitable visual: No such file or directory
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on sandip, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on sandip, DISPLAY :0