[daip] MNJ

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 22 10:58:28 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:18:03 +0100 (MET), Andrzej Marecki
   <amr at astro.uni.torun.pl> said:

>> mnj.aoc.nrao.edu rolls up its version at approximately 05 hours UT
>> yesterday it was 050321 to be exact.  Actually we do it at about 10 pm
>> local time which is 05 UT in winter and 04 in summer.  Running your
>> MNJ any time after that until the next day gets you the same thing.

> Aaaah, I see. That means running MNJ at, say, 06:15 am our local time
> (which is 8h ahead the AOC local time both summer and winter) would lead
> to getting everything up-to-date at earliest possible convenience.

If Poland changes to and from summer-time/daylight-savings-time on exactly
the same day and time (2am) as the US, this is almost completely true.  On
the night that the time rolls back/forward, for at least 7 hours, Poland
would be an extra hour ahead or behind.  So it might be better to aim for
7:15am your time.

I've found out the hard way (by calling my relatives in Ireland!) that
while the dates are mostly the same, this is not always true :-}

				- Pat