[daip] MNJ

Andrzej Marecki amr at astro.uni.torun.pl
Thu Nov 21 10:04:07 EST 2002

> [...] Our solaris MNJ contains:
>
> # Get ar and cvs in the path...
> PATH=/opt/alpha/SUNWspro/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:$PATH; export PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/alpha/SUNWspro/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/gnu/bin/cvs
> export PATH

Eric,

according to my recent experience with MNJ under Solaris /usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin
is just enough. Setting the path for cvs is actually not necessary because it
is specified explicitly via cvscmd= line in $SYSLOCAL/UPDCONFIG. Similarly,
$SYSLOCAL/FDEFAULT.SH and $SYSLOCAL/CCOPTS.SH specify compilers' paths.

OK, now let me ask a simple question: what is the "right" time to launch
MNJ (via cron)? Is mnj.aoc.nrao.edu updated continuously or does it run...
MNJ and so it's updated *once* per day (if fact: once per night) at a
given fixed time? If the latter is the case then, obviously, mnj.aoc.nrao.edu
should be contacted shortly after it has, itself, been updated.

Andrzej
Andrzej Marecki                |
Torun Centre for Astronomy     |   e-mail: amr at astro.uni.torun.pl
N. Copernicus University       |   WWW:    http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl
ul. Gagarina 11                |   tel: +48 56 6113032
PL-87-100 Torun, POLAND        |   fax: +48 56 6113009