[daip] how to printout the closure phase in AIPS?

Z.-Q. Shen zshen at vsop.isas.ac.jp
Fri May 24 06:25:16 EDT 2002

Hi,

I wonder if there is any tasks in AIPS can save the closure phase
for the printout. I know that CLPLT can create the plots of closure
phase, so it must form the closure phase for plotting. But I don't
know if the closure phase can be saved or not. Would you please
kindly tell me how to handle this in AIPS?

I also wonder how the AIPS task UVAVG calculate the errors or
scatters for the vector averaged visibility amplitude. The usual
way of doing so is to divide the summation of the difference between
each visibility and the (coherently) averaged visibility by the number
of visibility within the averaging bin. But I think the visibility data
are complex ones, so we should treat it differently.

Looking forward to learning from you.

Cheers,
Zhiqiang