[daip] Re: FITLD for JIVE data

Chris Phillips phillips at jive.nl
Thu May 16 07:36:24 EDT 2002

Hi Eric

>         SETDEB = 1   - so the output Vis are not scaled by the
>                        weights
>         NORMSC = SCLVIS * int time where the SCLVIS is a visibility
>                                    scaling stored in the tables
>                                    somewhere
>         and then weight = NORMSC
>
> Does the Jive data require these?

These look OK to me. Our visibilities are already scaled by the validity
(=weight) factor. This is a problem we originally had with FITLD before I
came to visit you.

Assuming the second step is multiplying the weights by the integration
time, I guess it doesn't really make any difference as we don't do mixed
integration time correlation (but I guess we cannot rule it out). But I
guess it doesn't cause any harm so is OK.

So basically, I think what FITLD does is correct to JIVE data.

Cheers
Chris