[daip] Re: FITLD for JIVE data

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed May 15 18:59:19 EDT 2002

The Penticton people have found that some of the changes I made when
you were here are probably not right.  In the case of not VLBA I
forced
        SETDEB = 1   - so the output Vis are not scaled by the
                       weights
        NORMSC = SCLVIS * int time where the SCLVIS is a visibility
                                   scaling stored in the tables
                                   somewhere
        and then weight = NORMSC

Does the Jive data require these?  In particular, the SETDEB means
that the VIS scaling parameter is not applied to the Vis.  The second
seems much more reasonable - I should think the weight should be
scaled by integration time, but the recorded Vis may be bigger because
it was integrated longer and need to be reduced for the integration
time or not????

I leave Friday morning (my time) on an extended vacation - can you get
back to me before then?