[daip] XAS

Marcel Clemens marcel at mostro.pd.astro.it
Fri May 10 05:46:02 EDT 2002

Dear daip,
	Having installed AIPS on my shiny new pc running redhat 7.2
I get the error message below when I start up:

UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on pcdot4, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: No pseudocolor visual - No suitable visual: No such file or directory

Would I be right in thinking this has got more to do with what I have on
my machine rather than an AIPS problem? (Not sure which is worse!)

Many thanks for any tips..

Marcel.

Dr. Marcel Clemens (Marie Curie Research Fellow)
Dipartimento di Astronomia,
Universita degli Studi di Padova,
Vicolo dell'Osservatorio, 2,
35122 Padova,                                          Tel. +39 049 8278251
Italy.                                                 Fax. +39 049 8278212