[daip] NFS and SYSETUP

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Sun Mar 31 18:02:40 EST 2002

gdenn at sbc.edu writes:

 > I have added the following line to HOSTS.LIST:
 > + SAMMY      LINUX    SBCASTRO2

    I assume that there is also a line for
        JONO  LINUX  SBCASTRO2
    as well.

 > [aipsmgr at jono DA00]$ SYSETUP SAMMY
 > SYSETUP: Enter the AIPS manager account name [aipsmgr]:
 > SYSETUP: Enter the AIPS user group name [aipsuser]: users
 > SYSETUP: Enter the "master" host name [jono.gu.sbc.edu]: JONO
 >
 > SYSETUP: master = JONO
 >
 > SYSETUP: Operating on       1 hosts: SAMMY
 >
 > SYSETUP: Is this acceptable? (yes/no) yes
 > SYSETUP: Processing SAMMY...
 > SYSETUP: ERROR: no template area found for architecture

     There should be one more word, the translation of $arch, and it
is null so of course it did not find it.  The question is why it did
not get the $arch?

I bet it has to do with

AIPS hosts.  Spacing/position is significant for columns 1 and 2.  The
first item must be in column 1 and there must be exactly two spaces
between it and column 2.

which is a quaite from HOSTS.LIST.  Try adding a space before the word
SAMMY in HOSTS.LIST.

Eric