[daip] NFS and SYSETUP

gdenn at sbc.edu gdenn at sbc.edu
Fri Mar 29 17:50:16 EST 2002

Greetings o wisest wizards of AIPS,

We have two machines, JONO and SAMMY
running 31DEC02 on RH Linux 7.2, each
with six virtual disks in AIPS. It would behoove us to
have them on speaking terms. I believe to do this we run
SYSETUP.

I have setup the machine to run nfs upon startup.
I have altered the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/exports files to
point to $AIPS_ROOT/DATA, where each machine keeps six symbolic
links to other data directories.

I have added the following line to HOSTS.LIST:
+ SAMMY      LINUX    SBCASTRO2

There exist the directories $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/JONO and $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/SAMMY
with some AIPSy looking files underneath.

I have created $AIPS_VERSION/$ARCH/TEMPLATE and copied $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/$HOST
files to that spot.

I run SYSETUP NEWHOST and respond to the answers: It doesn't see the
new template.

[aipsmgr at jono DA00]$ SYSETUP SAMMY
SYSETUP: Enter the AIPS manager account name [aipsmgr]:
SYSETUP: Enter the AIPS user group name [aipsuser]: users
SYSETUP: Enter the "master" host name [jono.gu.sbc.edu]: JONO

SYSETUP: master = JONO

SYSETUP: Operating on       1 hosts: SAMMY

SYSETUP: Is this acceptable? (yes/no) yes
SYSETUP: Processing SAMMY...
SYSETUP: ERROR: no template area found for architecture
SYSETUP:        Cannot proceed with host SAMMY, skipping it

Again, many thanks for clarifying the situation.
Grant Denn
Sweet Briar College