[daip] AIPS question

Fredrik Rantakyrö frantaky at eso.org
Thu Mar 28 15:28:56 EST 2002

Dear AIPS gurus,

    I have installed the 31DEC02 version, the 31DEC01 version works fine. But in this
version I have problems with printing out text or PS to the printer or a file I get
into problems. If I set outprint 'test' in PRTHI and DOCRT -1 I get:
 >go prthi
AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: DUTT
AIPS 1: ZTXIO: FORTRAN WRITE ERROR =    127
AIPS 1: ZERROR: SYSTEM ERROR CODE =        127
AIPS 1: ZTXIO: LUN =      3 NOT OPEN
.
.
.
If I use LWPLA with either a printer or a file I get:
urano.> LWPLA1: Task LWPLA  (release of 31DEC02) begins
urano.> LWPLA1: No clipping or scaling applied to grey scale pixels
urano.> LWPLA1: ZLWIO: plotter file = /tmp/TEST.PS
urano.> LWPLA1: ZLWIO: FORTRAN WRITE ERROR =    127
urano.> LWPLA1: ZERROR: SYSTEM ERROR CODE =        127
urano.> LWPLA1: LWDRW: DISK IO RELATED ERROR  3
urano.> LWPLA1: Appears to have ended successfully
urano.> LWPLA1: urano        31DEC02 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

The TEST.PS file is empty.

I have compiled under Redhat 7.2 with gcc3 but I hope that the problem might lie
in some configuration file rather than in the compilation (which went OK for all
INSTEPS).

TKPL and the TVPL all work without any problems. So all displays on the screen
is working but there is something with the disk. Writing files to disk with FITTP
also work fine.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should try?

Regards,

Fredrik

--
Fredrik T Rantakyro
ESO,Alonso de Cordova 3107, Vitacura, Santiago, Chile