[daip] secure shell key for midnight job?

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Mar 15 15:18:47 EST 2002

Grant Denn writes:
 > hi, this is grant denn @ sweet briar college.  We are running
 > 31DEC02 under RH 7.2. We are having trouble getting the midnight job working.
 > Our machine name is jono.gu.sbc.edu
 >
 > a) I altered the do_daily.jono file to point to /usr/bin/cvs.
 > b) I now need a secure shell key for ssh?

        You do not need the ssh key for 31DEC02.  The cvs utility
handles the security things without it.

 > c) I executed MAKE.MNJ and added the suggested cron entry into /etc/crontab
 >
 > So, is the MNJ working? Only the experts know for sure.

You can run the MNJ by hand:

    cd $AIPS_ROOT
    ./do_daily.<hostname>

and this will say.  You then can look at the files generated in
$TST/$ARCH/UPDATE to see what has appeared and changed etc.  The MNJ
should generate mail to aipsmgr at nrao.edu and to you.  It has not so
far as I know so far.

ERic Greisen