[daip] tvwin problem

chris at fcrao1.astro.umass.edu chris at fcrao1.astro.umass.edu
Thu Mar 14 15:23:27 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Eric Greisen wrote:

> chris at fcrao1.astro.umass.edu writes:
>
>  > >tvwin
>  > AIPS 1: Set B.L.C. : button A, B, or C to change to T.R.C.
>  > AIPS 1: Button D to kill and exit
>  > AIPS 1: GRBOXS: ERROR CODE     -1 AT    5
>  > AIPS 1: TV PROBLEM
>  >
>  >

> What version of aips are you running?  I have looked up this obscure
> error message and it should not occur.  Basically, it is an
> over-reaction to some box not being entirely visible on the screen - a
> circumstance that arises naturally in RENBOXing a large image, but
> which should not occur at the start of TVWIN.
>
> Current code will not exit on IERR=-1 like this.

I'm running the 15APR99 version.  The error happens when I'm working on
a very small map, 14 x 24 pixels, but TVWIN works fine when I work on
a more normal sized image.

-- Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor                                      Ph #: (413) 545-4261
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory          Fax#: (413) 545-4223
University of Massachusetts
Amherst MA 01002                   e-mail:chris at fcrao1.astro.umass.edu