[daip] Re: AIPS Imaging Question

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 28 12:06:42 EDT 2002

Tanja Bode writes:
 > 	I have been running simulations with 80+ stations in the array.
 > When imaging the results of 100 stations, the program gives me the
 > following messages twice in a row:
 >
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    91 FOR ENTRY=  91 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    92 FOR ENTRY=  92 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    93 FOR ENTRY=  93 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    94 FOR ENTRY=  94 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    95 FOR ENTRY=  95 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    96 FOR ENTRY=  96 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    97 FOR ENTRY=  97 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    98 FOR ENTRY=  98 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER    99 FOR ENTRY=  99 SUBA=  1
 > IMAGR     GETANT: STATION NUMBER   100 FOR ENTRY= 100 SUBA=  1
 >
 > The program says that it ended successfully, though.  Is imagr taking
 > into account the 91-100th station visibility points or is it throwing
 > out the data?

GETANT is getting the antenna information and is objecting to antenna
numbers in excess of the limits compiled into the code (90).  It is
used to compute average parallactic and zenith angles and the like.
No data are deleted just for having antenna numbers out of range.  Of
course, you chould not attempt to calibrate such data - but with
models calibration is not relevant.