[daip] Re: AIPS problem (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 28 12:00:25 EDT 2002

Shoshana Rosenthal writes:

 > Attached is an error message that we have been getting only
 > on the LINUX machines. I don't know if it is related to
 > the defunct STARTPMON.
 > We do have the service SSSLOCK defined.
 >

 > #go
 >
 > ZLOCK: No locks available
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:TDD000004;
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 37 (No locks available)

Are your DA00 areas all on one machine?  AIPS encourages you to do
this but with Linux it is not a good idea.  Our $NET0 area contains
directory links to areas on the host machine.  Thus
    $NET0/PRIMATE
is actually a link to
    /home/primate/AIPS/DA00
which has the actual files.  The problem is that Linux does not handle
file locking well over NFS - files stay locked is the usual problem,
but I will bet this is connected.

Eric