[daip] Problem in FITLD

Hiroshi Sudou sudou at astr.tohoku.ac.jp
Mon Jun 10 23:30:37 EDT 2002

Dear the members of the AIPS Group,

I am an user of the AIPS, 31DEC02 version, on the Red Hat linux 7.2.
The AIPS in my PC was compiled by using 2.95 GNU compiler.
Now I have a trouble with the task FITLD. FITLD can start and run,
but after a few minutes, it stops with error messages as below:

halca.> FITLD1: Found 3C66MID          at   0/03:55:54 src #   4
halca.> FITLD1:    50000 vis. written
halca.> FITLD1:    60000 vis. written
halca.> FITLD1:    70000 vis. written
halca.> FITLD1:    80000 vis. written
halca.> FITLD1: GET3DT: SOURCE ID = ******** MAX ALLOWED =    500
halca.> FITLD1: UV table spanned time:   0/03:42:19 -  0/04:09:55
halca.> FITLD1: Rejected      9 records based on weights
halca.> FITLD1:    84144 vis. written
halca.> FITLD1: TABINI: REQUESTED FR FILE   2 DOES NOT EXIST
halca.> FITLD1: FRINIT: ERROR   2 FROM TABINI OPCODE = READ
halca.> FITLD1: FRINI: ERROR INITIALIZING FREQUENCY TABLE FOR READ
halca.> FITLD1: FRQORD: ERROR   2 FROM FRINIF OPCODE = READ
halca.> FITLD1: FRQORD: ERROR   2 FROM FRINIF OPCODE = READ
halca.> FITLD1: ERROR      2 RETURNED FROM BTRTAB
halca.> FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
halca.> FITLD1: halca        31DEC02 TST: Cpu=     170.3  Real=    1565

According to the AIPS cook book of Section 11.3.4, I have changed
the density of MOUNT command and some parameters of FITLD, but
the situation has not changed. I should be obliged if you would
kindly tell me a hint to solve this problem.

Sincerely yours,

Hiroshi Sudou
Tohoku Univ., Japan