[daip] Re: Your AIPS Registration for 31DEC02

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Jun 10 16:04:06 EDT 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:57:16 -0500, Ron Brown <rbrown at negwer.com> said:

> Quick question: is there an updated version of AIPSTerminal

That is "orphaned" software.  The highly talented sysadmin/programmer/
wizard who created it has moved on to better and bigger things (TransMeta
to be specific) and nobody has been maintaining the software since then.

The package (and indeed, all of AIPS) is GPL'd[1] so you're more than
welcome to update it yourself.  Unfortunately we don't have the resources
to do so ourselves, so I'm afraid all we can offer is "caveat lector" and
moral support.

				- Pat

[1] Licensed under the Free Software Foundation's General Public
    License.  See http://www.gnu.org/ for more details of the freedoms and
    restrictions in this license.