[daip] Re: success!

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Feb 7 17:58:45 EST 2002

Rob Willson writes:

 >    The AIPS version I had been using is very old - 15APRIL91! WHen I try
 > to UVLOD UV FITS files from the old system, I notice that some of the
 > tables are missing (eg. SN, NX). When I then run INDXR and then  LISTER
 > on the UV data bases in the new AIPS, I find that the times are all
 > messed up. (These are MULTI source databases). For example, the IAT times
 > seem to decrease as you go to later sources and data samples have the same
 > time.  I realize that there were
 > Y2K problems with the old versions, but is there anything I can do to the
 > old UV FITS files to make them compatible with the 31DEC02 version?

There were NO Y2K problems that affected anything serious and the old
DATE strings are recognized and handled.

I cannot speak for 15APR91 - the FITS writers may have left out things
although I would be suprised if something as basic as simple tables
would be left out.  There are translation problems from some of the
older table formats so that they might not work well although
automatic translators are built in.

Th uv problems are very strange indeed.  Rather than LISTR, try PRTUV
on the data before running INDXR.  Also run PRTTP on the FITS disk
files beforehand with PRTLEV set to 2 and send me the results.

Eric