[daip] Missing adverb?

Peter Kortenkamp psk at zeus.physics.uiowa.edu
Fri Dec 20 15:14:35 EST 2002

Hello designated AIP,
 I recently tried to review inputs for the task SPLIT and got the
following message after the APARM inputs were displayed.

.
.
.
AIPS 1: APARM      *all 0                  Control information:
AIPS 1:                                      1 = 1 => avg. freq. in IF
AIPS 1:                                               multi-channel out
AIPS 1:                                        = 2 => avg. freq. in IF
AIPS 1:                                               single channel out
AIPS 1:                                        = 3 => avg IF's also
AIPS 1:                                      2 = Input avg. time (sec)
AIPS 1:                                      3 > 0 => Drop subarrays
AIPS 1:                                      4 > 0 => calibrate weights
AIPS 1:                                      5 = 0 pass only xc data
AIPS 1:                                        = 1 pass xc and ac data
AIPS 1:                                        = 2 pass only ac data
AIPS 1:                                      6 > 0 add full source name
AIPS 1:                                            to header
AIPS 1: MISSING ADVERB: TRY A 'COMPRESS' OR 'HELP NOADVERB' FOR INFO
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       NCHAV

I tried the suggestions from HELP NOADVERB but to no avail.  Also I get
the same message when trying to _run_ SPLIT after setting all adverbs.
This task has worked within the past month but I think our department has
recently installed the latest version (31DEC02 AIPS).  I thought I
had successfully run SPLIT after this installation but I might be
mistaken.  Sorry I haven't given you much to go on but I've never seen
such a message.  Also I don't get such a message on other task during input
review.  Any help is appreciated as our in-house AIPS expert is on
holiday!

Ciao,
Peter Kortenkamp