[daip] TV Open error

R. Ramachandran ramach at astron.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Dec 16 20:59:10 EST 2002

Hi Eric,

May I bother you with another help?
I successfully installed AIPS following your instructions. Now I can run
aips, but I am not able to open the tv. There seems to be some lock, which
I am not able to clear.

When I run aips, by default, it doesn't open tv.
I run it with the following command. Then I get the following message (in
          addition to whole lot of other stuff).

>> source HOSTS.CSH; source LOGIN.CSH; aips

  Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC02) at priority =   0
  AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
  AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
  AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
  ?XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host anamika, user root
  XASERVERS: Start XAS on anamika, DISPLAY :0
  XAS: ***********************************
  XAS: **  No TrueColor found
  XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
  XAS: ***********************************
  XAS: No pseudocolor visual - No suitable visual: No such file or
                                              directory
  XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on anamika, DISPLAY :0
  XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on anamika, DISPLAY :0

Then, when I say "tvon", or "tvinit", it gives the following:

  ZSSSL2: tcp/ssslock NOT A SERVICE
  AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
  AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
  AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
  AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

I guess I still haven't set up things properly. Could you enlighten me on
this?

cheers,
ramach

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Eric Greisen wrote:

> Oh darn.... you got the tar ball on the wrong day.  PLOTR had a typo
> that somehow escaped detection for a day or two.  Your installation
> has in fact worked just fine and only the task PLOTR failed to
> compile.  If you run a MNJ there will be an update that includes a
> corrected PLOTR plus lots of other goodies.
>
> Eric Greisen

R. Ramachandran,         Phone : +1 - 510 - 642 2529
Dept of Astronomy,       FAX   : +1 - 510 - 642 3411
UC-Berkeley,             URL   : http://zon.wins.uva.nl/~ramach
601 Campbell Hall,
Berkeley, CA 94720-3411.