[daip] HELP!! S-O-S! (fwd)

R. Ramachandran ramach at astron.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Dec 16 14:39:35 EST 2002

thanx so much, eric. i will do that and send the info to you.

cheers,
ramach

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Eric Greisen wrote:

> R. Ramachandran writes:
>
>  > ==================================================
>  > INSTEP4    : Failure in $YPGNOT/...
>  > INSTEP4    : compiling/linking.
>  > INSTEP4    : Dies of unnatural causes at Fri Dec  6 15:45:22 PST 2002
>  > AipsWiz: Error: INSTEP4 failed, no point in proceeding.
>  > AipsWiz: Error: Look in /home/ramach/AIPS/31DEC02/LINUX/INSTALL to see
>  > AipsWiz: Error: if you can figure out what went wrong.  There are
>  > AipsWiz: Error: many log and list files there.  You may want to do
>  >
>  > grep -v ^- *.LIS
>  >
>  >
>  > AipsWiz: Error: to see what modules did not compile or link.
>  >
>  > AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
>  > AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.
>  > ========================================================================
>  >
>  > could you please enlighten me on what I can do?
>
> You could follow the instructions and find some real error messages.
> If you do that, maybe you will know what has happened or you can send
> them to us and we would be able to tell.  Try looking at INSTEP4.LOG
> and AIPPGM.LIS in the area /home/ramach/AIPS/31DEC02/LINUX/INSTALL.
>
> Eric Greisen

R. Ramachandran,         Phone : +1 - 510 - 642 2529
Dept of Astronomy,       FAX   : +1 - 510 - 642 3411
UC-Berkeley,             URL   : http://zon.wins.uva.nl/~ramach
601 Campbell Hall,
Berkeley, CA 94720-3411.