[daip] AIPS HELP

Lorant Sjouwerman, NRAO lsjouwer at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 26 12:58:03 EDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Andrew A. West wrote:

#When I type:
# echo $DA00 $DA01
#
#I get:
#
#DA01: Undefined variable.
#
#even after:
#
#source LOGIN.CSH
#$CDTST
#echo $DA00 $DA01
#
#DA01: Undefined variable.
#
#That seems bad!
#
#Is that the automounter thing or something else?
#
#When should $DA01 be defined?
#
#Do I need to edit one of the files in the $AIPS_ROOT directory?
#
#I noticed that is AIPSASSN there is a place to define a data area.  Should
#I hard code that in?
#

Normally that should have been taken care of by install.pl - I gather
you've used this script only partly somehow. There is also a point where
the variables get defined and the source statement gets executed. What did
it say directly after $CDTST? It should return something resembling:
'AIPS_VERSION=/home/AIPS/31DEC02', or did it not?

If you follow the install.pl script in one go, it should be okay. I cannot
judge from here where it went wrong, so instead of giving you directions
where to patch (maybe as you suggest in AIPSASSN will work, but there might
be more places), my feeling would be to re-install completely - shouldn't
be too much effort -, or you can wait another week until our real AIPS guru
returns and starts to deal with this.

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - VLBA Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at aoc.nrao.edu