[daip] AIPS HELP

Lorant Sjouwerman, NRAO lsjouwer at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 26 12:03:30 EDT 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Andrew A. West wrote:

#> #
#> #I tried this serval times but I get the same errors.
#> #
#> #The two main errors still are:
#> #
#> #ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD1PQ000.1PQ;    NOT FOUND
#>
#> To my knowledge this occurs only if it cannot write on your data disk
#> $DA01, either because it is protected or because it is not finding the
#> place/SPACE. There is nothing special about the MS file.
#>
#> So can you tell me whether you as a user (not aips installer) have
#> permission to read/write in this directory (try eg 'touch $DA01/test')
#>
#> Is $DA01 defined, are the links in place, are they in DADEVS and NETSP, and
#> is the $DA01/SPACE read/write for you as a user? ('chmod 666 $DA01/SPACE')
#
#I have complete read write access in all of the data areas.

so what are the output messages when you type (in csh)

echo $DA00 $DA01
source <where you have your aips>/LOGIN.CSH
$CDTST
echo $DA00 $DA01

I think the variables are not expanded to their full paths, and that means
it cannot find your directories - maybe the same for the other error
messages, or perhaps with 'no locks available' it may be that your
automounter does not work. These are my best guesses from your info.

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - VLBA Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at aoc.nrao.edu