[daip] AIPS HELP

Andrew A. West west at toast.astro.washington.edu
Wed Aug 21 13:26:18 EDT 2002

Hello,
I am trying to instal AIPS on 2 systems, my laptop and on the department
networked computers.  I can't get either to work.

On my laptop, everything seems to work but when I try to display a map, I
get the error:

ZSSSL2 connect (INET): No route to host
AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   1 ON LOCK
AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

On the network side, thing are a little more complicated.  AIPS won't even
start (even though the installations were close to identical).  Here are
the startup errors:

flip.astro.washington.edu(418)% aips

You have a choice of 6 printers.  These are:

    No. [ type  ] Description
     1. [PS-CMYK] goddess trans B356
     2. [PS-CMYK] goddess dup B356
     3. [     PS] ink B351
     4. [     PS] alwc321 C321
     5. [PS-CMYK] goddess single B356
     6. [     PS] jeep B356

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]: 6
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the jeep B356
START_AIPS:  - system name jeep, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /net/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)
   Disk 1 (1) is /net/aips/DATA/DISK_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /net/aips-data-1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is DAT on daphne on FLIP
   Tape 2 is EXABYTE on daphne on FLIP
   Tape 3 is REMOTE
   Tape 4 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called flip
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on flip asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on FLIP asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC02 AIPS with normal priority
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC02) at priority =   0
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on flip
XASERVERS: Start XAS on flip, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 764, max grey level 255
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on flip, DISPLAY :0.0
222TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
2
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD1PQ000.1PQ;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:PWD000000;          NOT FOUND
flip.astro.washington.edu(419)% XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on
flip, DISPLAY :0.0

flip.astro.washington.edu(419)%

Thanks for your help!
Andrew