[daip] question about multi-freq data

Hiroko Shinnaga hshinnag at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 1 02:52:01 EDT 2002

Hello,

  I have a question about dealing with multi-frequency data.
I have a multi-freq (two frequencies) data in my disk.

   The cookbook says that each frequency must be calibrated
separately.   I'd like to know How I can calibrate them
separately.  Should I have to have two separate files for each
calibration?  Or one can calibrate those two frequency data
separately by setting the parameter "FREQID" of vlacalib
using just one CH0 file?
   The cookbook also says that when reading with such
multiple data, one can use fillm and set cparm(7)=-1.
However, since I had downloaded the data file via ftp, I didn't
need to use 'fillm'.  To deal with multi-frequency data,
is it necessary to use 'fillm' to create two files for each
frequency or can I just go ahead calibrate each frequency
using one CH0 file which includes both frequencies?

  I'd like to appreciate your response.  Thanks a lot.

 -Hiroko