[daip] Registration for AIPS

Aaron Golden agolden at itc.nuigalway.ie
Thu Apr 25 12:03:42 EDT 2002

Hi.

I've downloaded the tarball, and installed aips
as far as i can.

I have some interesting problems however that
I can't seem to find in the cookbook, or at the
webpage.

Running FILAIP, POPSGN, SETPAR
 - stops at FILAIP, and requests a password??

If I run the test suggestion, which pops up on the
screen at the end of the installation, I get the
following...

[agolden at antares AIPS]$ aips notv tpok
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the laser printer (mizar)
START_AIPS:  - system name LP, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.006
  (Using global default file /home/agolden/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for
DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/agolden/AIPS/DATA/ANTARES_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is (no description provided by installer yet) on ANTARES
   Tape 2 is REMOTE
   Tape 3 is REMOTE

TVDEVS.SH: Assuming TPMON daemons are running or not used (you said
TPOK)
Starting up 31DEC01 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC01) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a TV device or server
AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a graphics device or server
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number

and what follows requires a password.

How does one set up accounts within the aips system, if you
son't mind me asking?

Please find attached the register.info material.

I sure look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Aaron.

--
Dr. Aaron Golden, Lecturer
Computational Astrophysics Lab. || Dept. of Information Technology,