[daip] tape reading problem

Hiroko Shinnaga hshinnag at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 19 16:35:09 EDT 2002

Dear Eric Greisen,

  Thank you for your response.  Now I could get a setting for AIPS and
I try to use AIPS to read the data.  I'm using 'fillm' to upload the data

from a DAT tape.  Although I set the same paramemters which are
successfully workin before, I cannot read any data from tape.  (The tape
itself is communicating with AIPS. ) The parameters are as follows;

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
AIPS 1: FILLM     Task to read a VLA archive tape
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INTAPE        1                    Tape drive number
AIPS 1: NFILES        0                    Number of files to advance
AIPS 1: BAND       '    '                  Freq. band (4,P,L,C,X,U,K,Q)
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    '    '                  Calibrator code
AIPS 1: VLAOBS     '      '                VLA obs. pgm. name ('AZ99')
AIPS 1: VLAMODE    '  '                    VLA obs. mode ('  '=any)
AIPS 1: REFDATE    '        '              Reference date. 'yyyymmdd'
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Timerange selected
AIPS 1: BCHAN         1                    First spectral channel
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    Highest spectral channel
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    '            '          Output UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        0                    Output UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       1                    Output UV file disk unit #.
AIPS 1: DOUVCOMP      1                    1 (T) => compressed data
AIPS 1: DOALL         1                    1 (T) => write all data.
AIPS 1: DOCONCAT     -1                    1 (T) => append data to old
AIPS 1:                                    files
AIPS 1: NCOUNT        1                    Number of files to read
AIPS 1: DOWEIGHT      1                    Use nominal sensitivity to
AIPS 1:                                    scale weights?
AIPS 1: DOACOR        1                    Load autocorrelation data?
AIPS 1: CPARM      *all 0                  User options.
AIPS 1:                                    1 => Avg. time (seconds)
AIPS 1:                                    2 => bitmap    (see help)
AIPS 1:                                         = 16 for planets & Sun
AIPS 1:                                    3 => Max. OK IF status
AIPS 1:                                         <=3 => 3
AIPS 1:                                    4 => Control dropping of
AIPS 1:                                         shadowed data
AIPS 1:                                         < 0 => no shadow check
AIPS 1:                                         0 => 25 m limit
AIPS 1:                                         > 0 => Shadow limit is
AIPS 1:                                               CPARM(4) in meters
AIPS 1:                                    5 = channel code (see HELP)
AIPS 1:                                    6 => Subarray number-see HELP
AIPS 1:                                    7 => FQ entry tolerance (kHz)
AIPS 1:                                         (see HELP)
AIPS 1:                                    8 => CL table time incr. min
AIPS 1:                                    9 => TY table time incr. min
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1:                                    10=> Calibrator avg. time
AIPS 1: DPARM      *all 0                  Selection by Frequency
AIPS 1:                                    1+2 => A Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    3+4 => B Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    5+6 => C Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    7+8 => D Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    9 => tolerance for A&C
AIPS 1:                                    10 => tolerance for B&D
AIPS 1: BPARM      *all 0                  Opacity and Gain curve
AIPS 1:                                    control (see help)
AIPS 1: INFILE     '                                                '
AIPS 1:                                    Antenna gains file
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The message window says

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
toau.s> FILLM1: Task FILLM  (release of 31DEC02) begins
toau.s> FILLM1: UV data will be written in compressed format
toau.s> FILLM1: Shadow flag limit =  2.500E+01 meters.
toau.s> FILLM1: No data found meeting selection criteria!
toau.s> FILLM1: Read         0 visibilities from  1 files
toau.s> FILLM1: Appears to have ended successfully
toau.s> FILLM1: toau         31DEC02 TST: Cpu=       0.3  Real=      77

Although I remove restrictions like vlaobs name and refdate, no data
is written to the disk.  I cannot tell where the problem is.  Could you
kindly let me know how to fix this problem?  I'd like to greatly
appreciate
your quick response.  Thank you for your attention.

 Hiroko Shinnaga