[daip] install problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Tue Apr 9 16:25:25 EDT 2002

David A. Boboltz writes:

 > I'm trying to install the 31DEC02 version.  The install.pl script stops
 > giving the following message.
 >

 > INSTEP2   : /usr/aips/31DEC02/AIPS/SUB/TVVEC.FOR
 > INSTEP2   : /usr/aips/31DEC02/AIPS/SUB/UINIT.FOR
 > INSTEP2   : /usr/aips/31DEC02/AIPS/SUB/UWRITE.FOR
 > INSTEP2   : /usr/aips/31DEC02/AIPS/SUB/VERSTR.FOR
 > /usr/aips/31DEC02/SYSTEM/UNIX/PWD: CPWD: command not found
 > COMRPL    : '@' file    /AIPSUB.LIS
 > COMRPL    : not found!
 > COMRPL    : Dies of unnatural causes
 > INSTEP2   : Failure in $AIPSUB/...
 > INSTEP2   : compilations.
 > INSTEP2   : Aborts!    Tue Apr  9 15:54:23 EDT 2002
 >

 > I've checked the directory and there is no CPWD, which seems
 > to be why it is bombing out.  There is a CPWD.C file.
 >
 > Any idea where I can get CPWD, or what to do next?  I checked
 > the 31DEC02 version at the aoc by logging into zia, but there
 > doesn't seem to be a CPWD there either.

Actually the failure probably went zooming by rather earlier.  CPWD is
not used - nor is the pWD in $SYSUNIX.  Go look at $SYSLOCAL which
should be

      $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC02/$ARCH/SYSTEM/$SITE

and first do a pwd to prove that each of these variables has real
value and then see what files are there.  install.pl attempts to ln a
variety of $SYSUNIX files to this area and then to compile a number of
C programs (PWD is one) and the PP Fortran program.

I will bet that there was either (a) a problem defining $SITE so that
a proper $SYSLOCAL does not exist or (b) a problem with the
compilation of the C routines (such as the path to the C compiler was
not right on page 11 of the menu).

If you do not spot the problem right off

       cd $SYSUNIX
       pwd
       ls -laF *

and send me the output.