[daip] AIPS error message

Deidre A. Hunter Deidre.Hunter at lowell.edu
Fri Apr 5 13:21:45 EST 2002

Whenever I try to do anything with a task, such "inp", I get the following
error message

AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
AIPS 1: ZDIR: DISKEXT
AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2

I can run verbs (such as mcat, getn, tvinit, tvlod, curv). But,
for example, "task imlod", inp, help imlod, and go produce the error.

What does this error message mean?

Thank you.

Deidre Hunter

History:
I have a SUN Ultra 1 running SunOS5.8. I had been running 15APR97.
It was working fine, and then one day it gave these error messages.
I took this as motivation to wipe out the old aips and install
31DEC01 from scratch, which I just finished doing. But, the error
message remains. Maybe irrelevant: A few weeks before my AIPS broke,
there was some rearrangement of the domain behind our firewall.
The internal network names changed. I changed .rhosts and TPHOSTS
to reflect this.