[daip] Support for Solaris 8

Dayton Jones djones at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 1 14:29:55 EST 2002

Greetings.  Dave Meier and I have been working on an AIPS installation
that takes advantage of the 64-bit architecture and operating system on
our
cluster of Sun Ultra workstations running under Solaris 8.  We have been

able to compile and link everything for 64 bits, but have run into
several
serious problems during execution that may indicate that AIPS is unable
to run under a 64-bit operating system.  Do you know if this is the
case?
Our major concern at the moment is the XAS routines; if these have been
run in 64-bit mode on other systems we will be encouraged to press
onward.
Cheers,
              Dayton Jones  (dj at sgra.jpl.nasa.gov)