[daip] I/O Error

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Sep 26 12:03:49 EDT 2001

Hi Bhasker,

It looks to me this is a system problem not a FITLD
problem.  We have a few questions and suggestions,
unfortunately our systems expert is gone for the next
week.

First, what kind of file are you trying to load?  VLBA?
FITTPed data, VLA?  It looks to me that FITLD is having
trouble creating the file on disk.  Are you sure that
you have permission to write to the disk you are trying
to write to?  Is there a catalog on that disk already?
Did you get errors about catalogs when you logged into
AIPS?  Have you written other things to that disk recently?
Is it possible the data on tape is corrupted?

My suggestions are quite simple, you may have already
tried them, exit and restart AIPS, try writing to another
disk and try using another tape drive.

Cheers,

Amy