[daip] Re: AIPS help

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Oct 29 10:43:25 EST 2001

Katie Devine writes:
 > XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
 > XAS: Visual not = default, create 24-bit colormap
 > XAS: Using screen width height 1270 924, max grey level 255
 > XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
 > Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

Yes I can.  You did not say but it is almost certain that you are
running on a solaris system.  Add to the file /etc/system (requires
root privilege)

* Large shared memory segment for AIPS TV, from Dave Brown
*   GEM, 20 Mar 98

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608

The default shared memory segment is only 1 Megabyte which is not
enough even for an 1-byte image andyours will be 4 bytes/pixel in
truecolor.

Eric