[daip] library problems solved or at least diminished

Samuel Conner samuelconner at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:48:32 EDT 2001

Dear Designated AIP,

  As you no doubt can tell from my previous inquiry, I am a bit
of an idiot when it comes to unix. I solved the problems I was
writing about by creating symbolic links to the respective
.so.rev libraries, leaving the revision numbers out of the link
names. INSTEP3 completed fine after that.

  I'm copying this to Pat Murphy as the resolution of my prior
inquiry to him.

   Next time I'll try to think about the problem a bit longer before
appealing for help.

  Allow me to humbly say that I am really impressed with how well
your software installs, modulo the stupidities of installers such
as myself. I hope that you all get a generous pay rise next year.
In my judgement, you have earned it.

Respectfully yours,

Sam Conner