[daip] TVFLG problem

Doug Ratay doug at bell.astro.ufl.edu
Fri Oct 26 12:28:50 EDT 2001

Hi.  I've been trying to run TVFLG on UV spectral line data.  The output
of running TVFLG is this:

europa> TVFLG1: Task TVFLG  (release of 15OCT99) begins
europa> TVFLG1: Begin finding a list of times to enter the grid
europa> TVFLG1: Found  6515 time intervals to grid, so
europa> TVFLG1: begin gridding the data to a temporary TVFLGR file
hewish> TVFLG1: GRIDTB: UNABLE TO CREATE OUTPUT IMAGE FILE - ERROR    1
hewish> TVFLG1: NO DISK SPACE ON ALLOWED DISKS
hewish> TVFLG1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
hewish> TVFLG1: hewish       15OCT99 TST: Cpu=      15.8  Real=     707
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: SPACE LOCK FILE = DA05:SPACE
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: STILL BUSY AFTER 30 TRIES IN 60 SECONDS
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: A STOPPED PROCESS MAY HAVE IT MONOPOLIZED
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: NOTIFY THE AIPS SYSTEM MANAGER
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: PERFORMING NON-ATOMIC FILE CREATION INSTEAD
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: SPACE LOCK FILE = DA05:SPACE
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: STILL BUSY AFTER 30 TRIES IN 60 SECONDS
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: A STOPPED PROCESS MAY HAVE IT MONOPOLIZED
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: NOTIFY THE AIPS SYSTEM MANAGER
europa> TVFLG1: ZCREA2: PERFORMING NON-ATOMIC FILE CREATION INSTEAD
europa> TVFLG1: GRIDTB: UNABLE TO CREATE OUTPUT IMAGE FILE - ERROR    1
europa> TVFLG1: NO DISK SPACE ON ALLOWED DISKS
europa> TVFLG1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
europa> TVFLG1: europa       15OCT99 TST: Cpu=      80.2  Real=     589

By doing a "freespac" command on the disk I'm trying to write to, I
see that I have more than enough space to write the workfile (about 50%
free on a 12000000 block space.  I've also checked the TVFLG
parameters, and I'm certain that AIPS should be writing to the disk
that I want it to.  I've noticed, though, that after TVFLG
dies, the free space on my disk is reduced by about 7%, with no new file
being created in the catalog.

If there's anything you could do to help, I would appreciate it very much.
Also let me know if you need more info.  I've cc'ed this email to my
system manager as well. Thanks.
						Doug Ratay