[daip] 2 GB limit on Linux

Joseph Lazio lazio at rsd.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Oct 26 10:46:31 EDT 2001

Hi,

I think I encountered this problem recently.  However, there's
something I don't quite understand.  We were loading data onto a
machine (potemkin) running 31DEC01 under the 2.4.2 kernel.  We were
the 2.2.18 kernel.

I thought that under the 2.4.x kernel, the 2 GB limit had been
lifted.  Would the TPMONs on lexington (2.2.18) still have caused a
problem?  Also, can you remind me where the 2 GB problem is
documented?  (I looked in AIPS newsletters, memos, and online.)

-- Joe

--
T. Joseph W. Lazio, Ph.D.        voice: +1 202 404 6329
Remote Sensing Division          fax:   +1 202 404 8894
Naval Research Lab, Code 7213    lazio at rsd.nrl.navy.mil
Washington, DC 20375-5351 USA    http://rsd-www.nrl.navy.mil/7213/lazio/