[daip] CLCOR SU table update problem (?)

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Oct 22 17:54:34 EDT 2001

Hi Lincoln,

I asked John Benson to repeat the calculation using CALC.
But as I understand it is not simple to do it, because CALC does not
carry out the direct recalculation of the coordinates and John needs
to design a special tool to carry out the recalculation.
I am affraid that an additional mistake can be added at the tool creation.

I have carried out two more tests comparing JPRECS and SCHED for diferent times and sources. I got the differenses less than 0.6 mas. This number is under
1mas which is (as Craig supposes) the SCHED's accuracy

The software used by SCHED is independent on JPRECS. So the small difference
of SCHED-JPRECS at the all three tests confirm (I think) the accuracy of
JPRECS at the level <1mas.

I am enclosing the CRAIG's answer on my request.

Leonia