[daip] a FILLM problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:54:56 EDT 2001

Data Analysts writes:

 > The data I had here originally (FILLed with cparm(8)=0) was evidently
 > FILLed originally with a 15OCT97 AIPS release.  (I have both the 15OCT98
 > and 31DEC01 versions installed here, and the new file that you sent seems
 > to behave the same way with either version.)

        At the request of the analysts, the default meaning for
CPARM(7) was changed July 2, 2001.  Zero now means assign a new FQ ID
whenever the frequency changes by more than 30 km/s.  Your frequency
changes are greater than that and the task should be re-run with
CPARM(7)=-1.

 > The FILLM of my version of the file was:
 >
 > FILLM  CPARM(7) =     0.000 / FQ entry tolerance
 > FILLM  RELEASE = '15OCT97 '
 >
 > Whereas the FILLM of the file you sent me was:
 >
 > FILLM  CPARM(7) =     0.000 / FQ entry tolerance
 > FILLM  RELEASE = '31DEC01 '
 >
 > So the input parameters seem to match up quite well (except that as
 > per my request you used cparm(8)=0.17.  But there have almost certainly
 > been some changes in FILLM since 1997 and 2001, so maybe having the same
 > input parameters is not that important.

       There have been a lot of changes.

 > My old version of this file had 215,732 visibilities and everything was
 > given FREQID 1.  The version that you FILLed just now has 176,658 visib,
 > and there are 4 different FQIDs.

      The new version of FILLM does not fill pointing data nor does it
fill autocorrelations.  You may ask it to do either of these, but by
default it omits both.  That will explain why, in each scan, a number
of records are omitted.

I will look at the rest of your e-mail shortly.  Note that 31DEC01 is
under active development and so it will matter when you got a copy and
whether or not you keep it up to date.