[daip] message window

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Nov 29 10:31:51 EST 2001

Hiroko Shinnaga writes:

 > Eric,
 >
 >    Thank you for your quick response.  I could
 > run 'aips' after the '. ./LOGIN.SH ' command.
 > However, strangely, message window is always gone
 > after 3 sec or so with the message ;
 >
 > ###############
 > MSGserver: could not get msgserv service by name: No such file or
 > directory
 > MSGserver: Check your /etc/services or NIS/YP map
 > ##############
 >
 >   Could you please let me know how I can fix the problem?

System services are needed for aips to do sockets.  Add to
/etc/services (unless yours come via yp)

sssin           5000/tcp        SSSIN      # AIPS TV server
ssslock         5002/tcp        SSSLOCK    # AIPS TV Lock
msgserv         5008/tcp        MSGSERV    # AIPS Message Server
tekserv         5009/tcp        TEKSERV    # AIPS TekServer
aipsmt0         5010/tcp        AIPSMT0    # AIPS remote FITS disk access
aipsmt1         5011/tcp        AIPSMT1    # AIPS remote tape 1
aipsmt2         5012/tcp        AIPSMT2    # AIPS remote tape 2
aipsmt3         5013/tcp        AIPSMT3
aipsmt4         5014/tcp        AIPSMT4