[daip] amplitude scaling factor

Peter Kortenkamp psk at zeus.physics.uiowa.edu
Tue Nov 27 19:35:10 EST 2001

This isn't an AIPS issue but you've all been so helpful in the past I
thought I might as well ask anyway.  I'm working with data from sept99
bs077.  Here is my problem.

I believe the output from UVPRT lists
amplitudes which must be converted to raw amplitudes using a
multiplicative factor which is
correlator dependent.  I think it is called the correlation coefficient
scaling factor or the 'b-factor'.  It corrects for sampling and
digitization I believe.  I need the b-factor for the VLBA correlator.  You
see, I need the raw amplitudes to
predict/model radiometer noise levels in interferometer phase power
spectra.  The amplitudes from UVPRT predict radiometer noise levels higher
than those appearing in the interferometer phase power spectra. Perhaps
this is an issue I should take up with the analysts but if you happen to
know what I'm talking about maybe you could point me to a memo or
something.

Thanks much,
Peter Kortenkamp