[daip] AIPS install

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Nov 23 20:02:39 EST 2001

Hiroko Shinnaga writes:

 > Dear Patrick,

   Please send requests for information/help to daip at nrao.edu.  Pat
Murphy is no longer a member of the AIPS group (although he helps me a
lot still).

 > AipsWiz: That seemed to work.  GREAT!!!!

     All the hard part is done.

 > AipsWiz:  =====> Generate system files via FILAIP/POPSGN...
 > AipsWiz: This will generate some output, including a copyright (left)
 > AipsWiz: statement and some prompts, but should end with a 'Done!' if
 > AipsWiz: everything worked...
 >
 > Data disk assignments:
 >   (Using global default file /home/aips/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)

 > HELP!  No Defined data areas!  You can proceed now to run
 > program FILAIP, but you may see LOTS of complaints about
 > not being able to access the message file.  If you think
 > there should have been some data areas defined, please
 > check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*
 > If you want to proceed, enter YES (uppercase) now:

   What did you enter at this point?

 >   I have defined data areas, which was succsessfully
 > created at
 > /home/aips/AIPS/DATA/HS_1
 > /home/aips/AIPS/DATA/HS_2
 > /home/aips/AIPS/DATA/HS_3 .

      Is your computer name hs or HS?  If not, the startup procedures
will not recognize these disks as included unless there is a + sign in
the DADEVS.LIST file ffor them.  That is not the best way to procede
since then all computers at uyour site will include those data areas.

For example, my computer is named primate and my data areas are
  /DATA/PRIMATE_1
  /DATA/PRIMATE_2
  /DATA/PRIMATE_3

Change the names of the data areas and change $NET0/DADEVS.LIST and
$NET0/NETSP to match the names.  Then FILAIP will find the data
areas and you can run the programs by hand using the parameters listed
by install.pl.