[daip] AIPS task crashes

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Nov 20 21:43:38 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:56:41 -0700, Eric Greisen <egreisen at NRAO.EDU> said:

> Matt Lister writes:
>> Well, I logged out of my machine and logged back in, and the
>> tasks seem to be working again. Very strange.
>>
>> Matt

> Pat Murphy is moving things around all over in CV - ask him what might
> have caused this.

Most likely Matt's system finally noticed that the TST linux binaries are
no longer on valen; I moved them back to kochab to reduce the complexity
of the system (said complexity being mostly my own fault; sorry).

There were significant and hard-to-trace NFS and/or Automount (amd) issues
with using an AIPS_ROOT exported from kochab and a LOAD area accessed viaa
symlink to an amd-automounted (/net/valen/...) area.  These really showed
up on the new visitor workstations (which now have their own private AIPS
installs, slaved off valen via Midnight Jobs; Eric, you might want to
update your list to reflect this).

				- Pat