[daip] aips SAVE files

Shami Chatterjee shami at astro.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 12 17:19:42 EST 2001

Hi:
Due to the increasing clutter of files, I'm using multiple aips user IDs
on my system. To preserve the many "standard" inputs I use, I'd like to
be able to copy SAVE files between user IDs (from 0ZA to 0RS, say).

I tried something like

cp -p SGD0ZA002.0ZA\; SGD0RS002.0RS\;

but aips ("SGIN") does not recognise the new save file. On the other
hand, creating a new save file gives me an "Overwriting existing file"
warning, so I did have the right file location...

Is there any way to do this correctly, or is it simply impossible?
Thanks!
-Shami
 Shami Chatterjee     http://www.astro.cornell.edu/~shami/

 Hofstadter's Law: Everything takes longer than you expect,
           even when you take into account Hofstadters law.