[daip] questions on vla data analysis

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Nov 6 12:00:46 EST 2001

Yoshiaki,

>>2. Create external CH0 using the task AVSPC.

>You're saying that one can make CH0 data from LINE data, averaging all
>channles into one. Is this what you mean?

Almoust. Actually you can average any portion of the spectral channels
into one under control of ICHANSEL (AVOPTION = '').
In particular Default = center 75% of band.

>If so, can we TACOP the final CL table from origonal CH0 to the
>"external"
>CH0 data made from LINE data? That would make me save procedures.

I do not think you need that, because AVSPC will copy the CL table of
the line data. but if you have a special CL table at the original CHO,
you can copy it.

Leonia

PS. Please send the copy of the possible messages to daip at nrao.edu
    It will make all (not so many) members of AIPS group to be familiar
    with the problem

Thank you very much for your reply. I loaded data with FITLD via ftp'ed
FITS data. I did not use FILLM.

Tried to change the aips header with "puthead", but "puthead" cannot
deal
#visibilities.

>2. Create external CH0 using the task AVSPC.

You're saying that one can make CH0 data from LINE data, averaging all
channles into one. Is this what you mean?

If so, can we TACOP the final CL table from origonal CH0 to the
"external"
CH0 data made from LINE data? That would make me save procedures.

Thank you.

yoshiaki

----- End Included Message -----