[daip] AIPS, Files >2GB and Solaris 5.7

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Nov 5 17:49:34 EST 2001

Michael Bietenholz writes:
 >   Are files >2GB possible in 31Dec01 AIPS and Solaris 5.7.  Do I need
 > to do anything special when installing AIPS, ie. flags in CCOPTS.SH?
 >
 > (I ask because I thought this worked, but I hust a ZEXPND just fail to
 > expand a file at the 2G limit even though there is lots of disk space)

You need to check your $SYSLOCAL/CCOPTS.sh.  We changed all the files
in $SYSUNIX and $SYSSOL and $SYSSUL so that 2 Gbyte support was
automatic.  Prewiously it was reserved for NRAO sites.

If you did not build with the 64 option then you will need to
recompile all C subroutines and relink all tasks.

Eric