[daip] warning msg of fitld

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Nov 1 10:46:38 EST 2001

Jiyune Yi writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I have installed aips 31DEC2001 in my own linux
 > (SuSE Linux 7.2, Kernel 2.4.4) machine to load my VLBA data
 > which are bigger than 2 Gb for one file.  My newly installed
 > AIPS seems working now to load my file ok but FILD was leaving
 > a warning message after every each files (10 files from my raw data
 > out of 3 VLBA dat tape) which were concatenated to a file.
 > The message is as follows,
 >
 > >BA2BP: USING UNTESTED ROUTINE: SELECTION NOT IMPLEMENTED
 > > ---------- FILE   2 LOADED ----------
 >
 > as you see it appeared after one file loaded.
 >
 > I just wonder it meant something important, or anything to do
 > with my newply installed aips ?

You neglect to tell me what data you are using - mostly from what VLB
correlator?  This is an error - the VLBA correlator does not write BA
tables andso BA2BP should NEVER be called.  As a consequence, it has
not been tested properly and the very complicated matters of selecting
spectral channels and IFs in bandpass tables are not even addressed in
the subroutine.

Please send me the output of IMHEADER run on the data file produced by
FITLD.