[daip] Lincoln <=> CLCOR

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu May 24 13:01:16 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have looked in CLCOR in connection with the Lincoln's message.

>CLCOR history file entries do not include the source position increments
>indicated in CLCORPRM.

This is true. It should be fixed and it is simple.

>Can these increments also be indicated in the UV file header so that they
>are more apparent to the user? Perhaps one of the existing header parameters
>is appropriate.

>Antenna position changes are another quantity not stored anywhere but in the
>history file.  Is there a reason not to add these to the XYZ in the AN file?

First of all I want to make some comments about source and/or antenna position
correction.

Although CLCOR has the list of antennas and sources as adverbs, it is
clear that only one source should be selected in the case of the source
position correction and only one antenna should be selected in the case
of the antenna position correction.

Now CLCOR does not allow to correct all antennas (ANTENNAS=0) but allows
to correct several antennas (>1) in the case of the antenna position
correction.
There is no any precaution if number of the selected source is >1 in the case
of the source position correction.

I think CLCOR have to take care about the case of selected antennas/source
bigger than one.

Now the most important:

If CL table created by CLCOR applies to the UV data, the data correspond to the new source/antenna positions and therefore all accompanying information
has to correspond to the new source/antenna positions.
So it looks like the antenna table, the source table, the source position
at the header (for the only source) should be changed?????

On the other hand if CLCOR run and the tables are modified, but the CL
table has not applied, then the CLCOR will make a wrong job modifiing
the table.

Can we discuss this cotradiction?

Leonia

Subject: aips_gripe
{15-MAY-2001 09:23:35}
{rgalp7       UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
{   24  31DEC01  DEC}
{lincoln greenhill}
{greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu}
{617 495 7194}
{CLCOR history file entries do not include the source position increments
 indicated in CLCORPRM.

 Can these increments also be indicated in the UV file header so that they
 are more apparent to the user? Perhaps one of the existing header parameters
 is appropriate.

 Antenna position changes are another quantity not stored anywhere but in the
 history file.  Is there a reason not to add these to the XYZ in the AN file?

 The X pole, Y pole positions from the VLBA correlator are not being stored
 properly in the AN table header.  Y pole is always zero.  The X pole value
 displayed by PRTAN is always the Y value.
  }
{CLCORPRM not fully entered in history.  AN header VLBI problem. Misc other.}
{greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu}
{ }

----- End Included Message -----