No subject

Indra Bains ib at star.herts.ac.uk
Mon May 21 13:11:30 EDT 2001

Hi there

We have the 31DEC01 TST version of AIPS installed here and I have been
trying to use it to CLEAN a MERLIN OH datacube with IMAGR. I left
maxpixels as the default of 20050 and the MSGSERVER complained:

IMAGR1: WARNING: > MAXPIXELS LOADED TO AP!!

I then increased maxpix and each time I did so, AIPS just loaded more and
more pix and complained. Eventually, with maxpix 45000, it only complained
a couple of times during the processing of the cube so I left it at that.

However, I tried to CLEAN the same cube at a different institute, using
AIPS version 31DEC99 and with maxpix default at 20050 and it kept below
that limit nicely.

I was just wondering if I should be worried about this and maybe try and
install IMAGR from 31DEC99 here. It seems strange that it should complain
with one version and not with another when the defaults are the same.
Having to set maxpix so high also slows things down somewhat.

Thanks
Indra

I. Bains                              Phone (main)  +44 (0)1707 284602
Astronomy Group                       Phone (desk)  +44 (0)1707 286071
Department of Physical Sciences       Fax           +44 (0)1707 284644
University of Hertfordshire           email         ib at star.herts.ac.uk
College Lane
Hatfield
Hertfordshire