[daip] VLBAUTIL

Thomas Krichbaum p459kri at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Fri May 11 12:32:37 EDT 2001

Hi,

I was trying to run the procedure 'crosspol', which has always worked in the past.
This procedure seems not to work anymore in version TST or NEW (inp crosspol
just says that I should use VLBACPOL).

So I tired to use this.
I typed `run vlbautil' and I set my parameters checking with 'inp vlbacpol'.
Then I started 'vlbacpol'.  Frist vlbacpol always tried to write on the wrong
disk (1 instead of 6, although I specified baddisk 1 and outdisk 6).
I quitted aips and restarted. In a second attempt after `run vlbautil' and
'vlbacpol' it did not finish and aborts during
a CLCAL step on the temporry data file, in which it tries to write on an existing CL table.
(I use CL4 and an SN2 is existing, so the new CL table should be 5)

On the message screen I get:
HP217 > FRING1: Found       48 good solutions
HP217 > FRING1: Appears to have ended successfully
HP217 > FRING1: hp217        31DEC01 TST: Cpu=      12.2  Real=      25
HP217 > CLCAL1: Task CLCAL  (release of 31DEC01) begins
HP217 > CLCAL1: You are using a non-standard program
HP217 > CLCAL1: Using interpolation mode 2PT
HP217 > CLCAL1: Flagged    180 records from CL table no.    4
HP217 > CLCAL1: Processing SN table    1
HP217 > CLCAL1: SN2CL: Applying SN tables to CL table   4, writing CL table  4
HP217 > CLCAL1: SN2CL: Appending new solutions to CL table   4
           ..... here I think it should try to write into 4+1 --> CL5

HP217 > CLCAL1: TABIO: BAD CODES - TYPE, OP =      0  WRIT
HP217 > CLCAL1: SN2CL: TABIO ERROR  2 APPLYING SN TO CL TABLE
HP217 > CLCAL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
HP217 > CLCAL1: hp217        31DEC01 TST: Cpu=       0.1  Real=       1

Finally I tried to run crosspol in version 'new' or 'old'. It just says
run crosspol
AIPS 1: proc crosspol
AIPS 1: BLEW CORE!

Nothing seems to work and I already spend many hours. I worked with crosspol
in the past a lot, so I think I know what I am doing.
I would be nice if somebody could check VLBACPOL, so that it runs. Alternatively
I would like to have a version of the 'old' crosspol, from which we know that it works.
Where can I find it ?

Thanks.
           Thomas

--
Thomas P. Krichbaum                           Tel.: (Germany 0049)-228-525-295
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie      Fax : (Germany 0049)-228-525-229