[daip] compile problems with 31DEC01

Michael Ledlow mledlow at gemini.edu
Tue May 8 11:21:33 EDT 2001

Hello,

I downloaded the 31DEC01 distribution today and tried an install.  I get the
following errors:

AipsWiz:  =====> Deploying your compiler options in script files...
AipsWiz:         CCOPTS.SH done (C Compiler and options)
AipsWiz:         LDOPTS.SH done (Linker)
AipsWiz:         FDEFAULT.SH done (Fortran compiler and options)
WARNING!  The structure of /home/aips/31DEC01/SYSTEM/UNIX/FDEFAULT.SH
          is very complex, and while this wizard install
          tries VERY hard to change the right section,
          it may have failed.  Please, PLEASE inspect the
          file and compare it to the original (saved as
          FDEFAULT.SH.dist in /home/aips/31DEC01/SYSTEM/UNIX)
          to make sure the settings are right.  Do this
          BEFORE you proceed any further.
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> after you have verified FDEFAULT.SH::
AipsWiz:  =====> Compile Utility Programs in
/home/aips/31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/GEMCHILE...
AipsWiz: Compiling F2PS...
AipsWiz: Compiling F2TEXT...
AipsWiz: Compiling NEWEST...
AipsWiz: Compiling PRINTENV...
AipsWiz: Compiling PWD...
AipsWiz: Compiling REVENV...
AipsWiz:         - Compiling ZTRLOP.c...
PP.f:
 MAIN pp:
        out2:
        out3:
        itrim:
        ppopen:
        zppinc:
        zpptra:
        zppopn:
        ztrlog:
        rfill:
        chr2h:
        h2chr:
__e_wsfe_pv                         PP.o
__e_rsfe_pv                         PP.o
__s_wsFe_pv                         PP.o
__e_wsle_pv                         PP.o
__s_rsFe_pv                         PP.o
__do_f_out_pv                       PP.o
__do_f_in_pv                        PP.o
__s_wsle_pv                         PP.o
__do_l_out_pv                       PP.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to PP.EXE
AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build PP.EXE in /home/aips/31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/GEMCHILE
AipsWiz: Error: This will prevent INSTEP2 from starting.
AipsWiz: Error: You need to find out why it failed, but for now
AipsWiz: Error: we will proceed with the install...

AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::
AipsWiz:  =====> Make the XAS TV Server from source...
AipsWiz: About to unpack the XAS.SHR archive.
AipsWiz: Building the UNSHR program for SUL...
unshr.f:
 MAIN unshr:
        getarc:
        opnarc:
        unpack:
        strlen:
__e_rsfi_pv                         unshr.o
__e_wsfe_pv                         unshr.o
__s_rsFi_pv                         unshr.o
__e_rsfe_pv                         unshr.o
__s_wsFe_pv                         unshr.o
__e_wsle_pv                         unshr.o
__s_rsFe_pv                         unshr.o
__do_f_out_pv                       unshr.o
__do_f_in_pv                        unshr.o
__s_wsle_pv                         unshr.o
__do_l_out_pv                       unshr.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to UNSHR.SUL
AipsWiz: Error: Unable to compile the UNSHR program!
AipsWiz: Error: Tried /opt/SUNWspro/bin/f77 -O -o UNSHR.SUL unshr.f
AipsWiz: Error: in /home/aips/31DEC01/Y/SERVERS/XAS/
AipsWiz: Error: This means XAS cannot be built.
AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::

I tried the 31DEC00 distribution last week with the same problem.

The output of uname -a on this machine is:

SunOS aguila 5.7 Generic_106541-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

(it's our server so I wasn't exactly sure of the specifications).

This is with the normal SUN compilers, looks like it is WS Version 6, Update 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Ledlow

--
| Michael J. Ledlow            mledlow at gemini.edu    |
| Gemini Observatory           Voice: +56 51 205 617 |