[daip] PCAL possibly broken for CPARM(1)=1

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu May 3 18:50:28 EDT 2001

Hi Michael,

You are right as usual. PCAL has not averaged IFs repeating instead the
first IF. Even more, PCAL has not averaged frequencies inside of an IF.
Instead it has taken the first frequency at each IF. This is really bad.

Eric showed me the place where PCAL should average both frequencies (always)
and IFs under control of CPARM.
The data for finding solution are prepared (to be averaged or not) by
PCLSEL. Inside of PCLSEL there is PCLCOP and inside of PCLCOP there is
PCLAVG which carries out the frequency/IF averaging.

Erronoously both the number of IFs and frequencies to be averaged was put
equaled 1 through the CATBLK(KINAX+..) which was fixed to one at the
beginning of PCLCOP.

I have fixed it and will put the fixed version at the system tonight.

Thank you for the pointing out to the error.

Leonia