[daip] aips query

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Mar 5 08:41:18 EST 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:39:10 -0700 (MST), Data Analysts
<analysts at aoc.nrao.edu> said:

> [...]

That figure is right at the filesystem limit of 2 Gigabytes per file,
which applies *currently* to most 32-bit operating systems.  Currently, I
believe that only Solaris and SGI (?) have AIPS support for large files
beyond this limit.

The Linux 2.4 kernel has the ability to support larger files, and we have
confirmed this.  Work is currently under way to ensure that the Linux
version of AIPS can create files larger than 2147483648 bytes.

> CALIB1: ZCREA2: BYTES OVERFLOW ? = -2108749824

This was the clue that something was wrong; the number overflowed.

                                - Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                   Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
  Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/      Work: http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/